Is there a way to hide my WordPress site?
Hiding the WordPress site and CMS is a good idea when you want to protect your website from hacker bots attacks.
Usually, the bots try to inject scripts and SQL queries into the website no matter if they are WordPress or other type of CMS.
Most of the attacks are targeting the well known plugins with vulnerabilities which have a door to the WordPress core.
There are 2 ways to hide a WordPress site:
1. Manually through File Manager with a bit of PHP knowledge
To hide the WordPress Site you need to:
- Hide all the WP headers like RDS, DNS Prefetch, Generator Meta
- Hide all the WP comments and versions at the end of each file
- Change and hide the WP common paths like wp-content, wp-includes, plugins, themes and cache directories
- Hide the files readme.html, xml-rpc.php, install.php, wp-config.php and more
- Hide classes from source code beginning with “wp-” (make sure the plugins are not using them)
2. Use a free WordPress plugin
A faster way to hide the WordPress site without coding, we recommend you to install the Hide My WP Ghost plugin