When you enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for your WordPress website, it adds an extra layer of security by requiring a one-time code in addition to your password for logging in. To set up 2FA, you can use various mobile apps, and we’ll guide you through the process for some popular ones.
|1. Download the Google Authenticator app as a Chrome extension, on iPhone, or Android.|
2. Open the app and tap the “+” icon on the lower right corner of the home screen.
3. Scan the QR code or enter the code manually provided by the setup wizard.
4. Your new account will appear at the bottom of the list.
5. Continue the 2FA setup wizard on WordPress by entering the code.
|1. Download the Authy app on your desktop, iPhone, or Android.|
2. Launch the Authy app and select “Add Account” from the menu icon (usually located in the upper right corner).
3. You can either scan the QR code provided by the 2FA plugin or enter the code manually.
4. After scanning or entering the code, give your new account a name and icon for easy identification.
5. Save it, and you’ll have your authentication token.
6. Continue to the 2FA setup wizard on your WordPress site and enter the code.
|1. Download the Microsoft Authenticator app on Windows, iPhone, or Android.|
2. Hit “Add Account” on the app’s home screen.
3. Specify the type of account you’re adding or leave it blank.
4. Scan the QR code or enter the code provided by the 2FA plugin.
5. Your newly added account will be listed, revealing your verification code.
6. Enter this code in the WordPress 2FA setup wizard.
|1. Download the LastPass Authenticator app on desktop, iPhone, or Android.|
2. Select “New Account” from the app’s home screen.
3. Choose to scan the QR code or enter the code manually provided by WP 2FA.
4. You’ll immediately get the verification code needed for 2FA.
5. Enter this code into the WordPress 2FA setup wizard and click “Finish” to verify.
By following these steps, you can enhance the security of your WordPress website by enabling two-factor authentication using various mobile apps.