What type of personal information do we collect?
- We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites. The most common types of information we collect are things like: usernames, email addresses, other contact details, payment information such as payment billing details, transactional details, blog comments, and web analytics data. Information or an opinion is your “personal information” if it is about you as an identified or identifiable individual.
What type of personal information Hide My WP Ghost plugin collects?
- If you agree to log your website users activity, we collect basic information about each activity on our cloud servers to offer you a full report about your users even if the plugin is deactivated/deleted. The information we collect are: Actions Name, Post ID, Post Type, Username, Posts Name, Plugin Name, Attachments Name. Each information is saved depending on the user actions and only if an action is triggered.
How we collect personal information
- We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites.
- When you provide personal information to us via the Sites you’re consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the user terms of each of the Sites. You are likely to provide personal information when you complete a security monitor registration, buy virtual products or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback or submit a review.
- If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and you may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available through our Sites.
How do we use personal information?
- We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the Sites and provide you with services described on the Sites, like to verify your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Sites, to respond to support tickets and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes
- customize our services and websites, like advertising that may appear on the Sites, in order to provide a more personalized experience
- update you with operational news and information about our Sites and services like to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide
- monitor activity on the Sites, like to identify potentially fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites
- manage our relationship with you, like by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- manage our legal and operational affairs
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- for Hide My WP Ghost plugin, the information will be visible only in the user’s account panel at https://account.hidemywpghost.com/user
When may we disclose your personal information?
- We may disclose personal information to people like:
- our gateway payment company (2checkout.com) through the checkout process
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- other people where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How can you access your personal information?
- You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time.
Choices regarding control of your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
- If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
- If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an “unsubscribe” facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Sites you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
- We use these tracking technologies for a few general purposes like:
- To allow our sites to function correctly.
- To understand how our sites are functioning and to inform any improvements in performance and our services.
- To enhance your experience on our sites and provide functionality that means, for example, you don’t have to re-enter your details each time you engage with our sites or to record what purchases you’ve made on our sites.
- To gather relevant data that helps us deliver marketing and advertising content relevant to your interests.
- Generally speaking, when you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your true super-hero identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of the file you look at
- the website which referred you to our Sites
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
- Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 13 years, so if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Sites for you!). If you are from 13 to 18 years, you can browse the Sites but will need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
When we need to update this policy
- We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straight away. We’ll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Sites – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
How can you contact us?
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected].
Hide My WP Ghost, effective date 08 Sept 2021