Types of Personal Information Collected
- We collect specific personal information about visitors and users of our Sites. The common types of information we collect include usernames, email addresses, contact details, payment information (such as payment billing details and transactional details), blog comments, and web analytics data. Personal information refers to information or an opinion about an identified or identifiable individual.
Personal Information Collected by Hide My WP Ghost Plugin
- If you consent to logging your website users’ activity, we collect basic information about each activity on our cloud servers to provide you with a comprehensive user report, even if the plugin is deactivated or deleted. The information we collect includes Actions Name, Post ID, Post Type, Username, Posts Name, Plugin Name, and Attachments Name. Each piece of information is saved based on user actions and only if an action is triggered.
Methods of Personal Information Collection
- We may collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us, or automatically as you navigate through the Sites.
- By providing personal information via the Sites, you consent to our collection and use of that information in accordance with this policy and the user terms of each Site. You may provide personal information when you complete a security monitor registration, make virtual product or service purchases, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback or reviews.
- Please note that if you choose not to provide personal information, we may be unable to offer our services, and you may not be able to perform transactions or access the full range of features available on our Sites.
Use of Personal Information
- We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Operating the Sites and providing the described services, such as verifying your identity during sign-in, facilitating and processing transactions, responding to support tickets, and resolving disputes.
- Customizing our services and websites, including personalized advertising.
- Updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services, such as notifying you about changes, website disruptions, or security updates.
- Providing information you request or, with your consent, marketing information about products and services that may interest you.
- Conducting technical analysis to improve our Sites and services.
- Monitoring activity on the Sites, including identifying potentially fraudulent activity and ensuring compliance with user terms.
- Managing our relationship with you, such as responding to your comments, queries, or feedback, and offering survey participation.
- Managing our legal and operational affairs.
- Performing general administrative and performance functions.
- For Hide My WP Ghost Plugin, the information will be visible only in the user’s account panel at https://account.hidemywpghost.com/user.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may disclose personal information to the following parties:
- Our payment gateway company (2checkout.com & paddle.com) during the checkout process.
- Our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants, and financial advisers.
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with compliance procedures and obligations.
- Other parties where authorized or required by law to do so.
Storage of Personal Information
- Personal information is stored on secure servers managed by us and our service providers. Occasionally, hard copy files may be kept in a secure location. Our storage of personal information is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication, and appropriate data encryption.
Control of Personal Information
- If you have given consent, we may send you marketing communications about products and services that may interest you. You can opt-out of such communications if you no longer wish to receive them. You may also update your email address information in your account to continue receiving our emails.
Choices regarding control of your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
- If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
- If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an “unsubscribe” facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Sites you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
- We use these tracking technologies for a few general purposes like:
- To allow our sites to function correctly.
- To understand how our sites are functioning and to inform any improvements in performance and our services.
- To enhance your experience on our sites and provide functionality that means, for example, you don’t have to re-enter your details each time you engage with our sites or to record what purchases you’ve made on our sites.
- To gather relevant data that helps us deliver marketing and advertising content relevant to your interests.
- Generally speaking, when you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your true super-hero identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of the file you look at
- the website which referred you to our Sites
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
- Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 13 years, so if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Sites for you!). If you are from 13 to 18 years, you can browse the Sites but will need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
When we need to update this policy
- We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straight away. We’ll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Sites – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
How can you contact us?
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
Hide My WP Ghost, effective date 08 Sept 2021