Setup Hide My WP on Windows IIS server
June 6, 2020
Please follow this tutorial step by step to set up the Hide My WP Ghost for IIS server:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Hide My WP > Change Paths
- Select the Safe Mode or Ghost Mode, scroll down and customize the paths as you like
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
- You will see a message to include the rewrite rules into web.config file located in the root directory of your website.
This is how the web.config file should look like before you add the rules:
This is how the web.config file should look like after you add the rules:
5. After you add the lines in your config file, save it and go back to your Hide My Wp Ghost settings and press the “Okay, I set it up” button.
6. Note: You need to reload the IIS server to apply the changes.
7. Check the Frontend Login page and make sure the paths are correct. If everything loads fine, click “Yes, it’s working” button. Otherwise click on “No, abort” to roll back to previous settings.