The transition of web hosting services from Apache to Nginx can sometimes lead to compatibility issues with WordPress plugins. This is particularly challenging when the hosting provider doesn’t permit direct editing of server configuration files, as is the case with Nginx sharing hosting.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of using the Hide My WP Ghost plugin with Nginx hosting, ensuring your site remains secure and functional without the need to modify the
Fortunately, Hide My WP Ghost is designed to operate seamlessly on different server types, including Nginx, without requiring changes to the server configuration files. Here’s how you can maintain your website’s security with Hide My WP Ghost on an Nginx server:
Step 1: Use Built-in Features Hide My WP Ghost offers several built-in functionalities that don’t require server file alterations:
- Custom Login, Lost Password, and Signup paths can be set directly within the plugin.
- Brute Force protection for login and author pages helps prevent unauthorized access attempts.
- The Firewall feature monitors and blocks suspicious traffic.
- The Hide Version function conceals your WordPress version number from public view.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an additional security layer at login.
Step 2: Use a predefined backup for Hide My WP Ghost that only activates non-rewrite rules features:
- Download no_custom_core_backup.txt file, which is a backup created by Hide My WP Ghost.
- Restore your settings from Hide My WP > Backup/Restore.
- After restoring, the default custom login path will be set to /newlogin. If needed, you can change this path according to your preference.
Step 3: Testing the Plugin After you’ve restored the settings from the backup:
- Test the login functionality to ensure the custom path is working.
- Verify that other features like Brute Force protection and 2FA are operational.
- Check the Firewall’s activity log to confirm that it’s actively monitoring your site.
By following this guide, you can successfully use Hide My WP Ghost with any kind of hosting.
For any further assistance or queries, do not hesitate to contact the plugin support team.
Keep your WordPress site secure and running smoothly, regardless of the hosting infrastructure changes.