Remove Generator Meta WordPress
June 6, 2019
Generator META is usually used to point to the authors of the services used inside a website. Lately, more and more WordPress plugins authors are adding their generator METAs in source-code.
The WordPress generator meta looks like this:
<meta name="generator" content="WordPress 5.*.*" />
To remove the Generator META from WordPress you can install a free plugin like Hide My WP Ghost and activate the Hide WordPress Version option.
The plugin will also remove:
- removes the version parameters from CSS Styles loaded in the source-code
- removes the version parameters fromJS Scripts loaded in the source-code
- removes the generator Meta to WordPress
- removes the generator Meta to WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin)
- removes the generator Meta to Slider Revolution Meta Generator
- removes the generator Meta to Visual Composer / WPBakery Page Builder
- removes the dns-prefetch link to WP.org
- hides the Jetpack analytics trails to WordPress